Recipes from Pam’s kitchen – Microwaved Cauliflower in Sour Cream
Microwaved Cauliflower in Sour Cream
This recipe is so easy and can be made the day before and reheated prior to serving
- 1 kg cauliflower flowerets
- 90 grams butter
- 2 medium onions – finely diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place cauliflower in a flan dish with a quarter cup of water, cover and cook on high for 8 minutes. Do not overcook as it will be recooked with the sauce later.
- In a bowl or glass jug, cook the butter and onion on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, & mustard. Cook on high for 1 minute.
- Add milk and sour cream. Cook on high for 3 minutes – stir every minute until mixture thickens.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower, cover and cook on medium high for 10 minutes and serve.
You may also freeze this recipe for up to 2 weeks.