Recipes from Pam’s kitchen – Simple Baked Peach Pudding
Simple Baked Peach Pudding
This is a very easy recipe, consisting of a pancake batter poured over any type of canned or stewed fruit and baked.
- 825 gram can of peach slices, drained
- 1/3 cup plain flour, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons Self Raising Flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Heat oven to moderate 190 (C), 375 (F) approximately depending on your type of oven.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish, place the drained peaches in the base of the dish.
- Combine the flour with the sugar.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in the eggs, then the milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix until a smooth batter.
- Put the batter into the dish, by pouring it over the back of a spoon. This spreads the mix over the fruit without disturbing it.
- Bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until when a knife is inserted into the centre it comes out clean.
- I serve it warm with cream, and/or ice cream, or have it cold. It is delicious either way!