Recipes from Pam’s kitchen – Anzac Biscuits
- 1 Cup Plain Flour
- 3/4 Cup Coconut
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Boiling Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon BiCarbonate Soda
- 125 grams Butter
- Heat oven to moderate 190 (C), 375 (F) approximately depending on your type of oven.
- Place non-stick baking paper on 3 oven trays.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir the syrup into the melted butter.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and stir until all is blended.
- Scoop out the mix with a dessertspoon onto the papered trays.
- Place the trays into the moderate oven, on the upper to centre shelves.
- Allow approximately 12 minutes cooking time, biscuits are ready when they turn golden.
- Remove the trays from the oven and leave the biscuits on the tray until firm.
- Once firm place them on a wire rack to cool.