Recipes from Pam’s kitchen – Stewed Fruit Crumble
Stewed Fruit Crumble
- 250 grams of dried Fruit Salad Mix
- 4 tablespoons of diced canned fruit (peaches and pears) and juice
- 3 tablespoons of muesli mix
- 1 heaped tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dessert tablespoon butter
- Place 250 grams of dried fruit salad mix in a saucepan with water, fill up to three quarters of the fruit.
- With the lid on, heat the fruit until it boils.
- Pour into an ovenproof bowl.
- Add approximately 4 tablespoons of diced canned fruit (peaches and pears) and about the same amount of juice, and combine.
- Allow to stand overnight in the fridge. This gives the fruit time to soften in the extra juice.
- Make the crumble by combining 3 tablespoons Muesli mix with 1 heaped tablespoon Brown Sugar, rub together with 1 dessert tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle this Crumble on top the Fruit.
- Heat in the oven on medium for approximately half to three quarters hour. The juice will boil through the fruit.
- Turn off the heat and allow to stand for about 10 minutes before serving.